Dear Parents and Caregivers,
As we transition from the remote learning model and a week’s staged return to a full return of all year groups and classes on-site from Mon 25 October for the remainder of the year, I pray we can do so with a deep sense of gratitude and reverence for the ways in which God has enabled us to rediscover our dependence on Him and our ability to adapt and create new ways of teaching and learning that were familiar given similar events last year.
To ensure the best student outcomes, we know face-to-face contact between students and teachers is vital. Our BCC students are valued and cared for, and we look forward to engaging with them on-site at last.
Primary School students will:
- use a class/Year-based/Stage-based cohort system at break times and for allocation of toilet usage
- have breaks at their normal times, however break spaces and cohort play areas and toilet facilities will be allocated to ensure year groups are kept separate as per NSW Health guidelines. Teachers will be allocated duties in approved areas
- drop offs at 8:20am at the Kiss and Drop Zone and pick-ups from 2.30pm at the Kiss and Drop Zone. PS students catching the bus will be supervised by teachers in classrooms until bus times. PS parents who are unable to make the 2:30pm pick-up at the Kiss ‘n Drop are asked to contact their classroom teacher for alternative arrangements
- be in their Summer Uniform
Secondary School students:
- will remain in year specific groups following their normal timetable. Please note, next week is Week 4 and is a Week A
- will have breaks at their normal times, but will be allocated year specific playground areas as well as year group specific allocated toilet facilities
- will start and finish at the regular time, however drop-off and pick-up for Secondary students who do not catch a bus is the carpark area adjacent to the oval
- catching the bus to be released to supervision in the Weathershed in year group lines until bus numbers are called. Students instructed to have masks on while waiting in year groups, and for travel on buses
- be in their Summer Uniform on the days when Sport Uniform isn’t required
- Year 12 will continue to have full access onsite for focused revision and study sessions with their teachers by appointment.
All of this, we must remember, will continue with recommended hygiene, cleaning, distancing, masks for Secondary School students while indoors and other advised control measures in place. Of course, students with increased health risks may keep learning from home.
Please be aware that this full return plan is subject to change due to government directives, health advice and local circumstances.
We look forward to welcoming our students back next week to face-to-face teaching and the all-important pastoral care programs that are offered at the College.
Please do not hesitate to contact the College if you have any questions.
Assistant Principal/Head of Secondary
Belmont Christian College
Street: 65 John Fisher Road, Belmont NSW 2280
Post: PO Box 492, Belmont NSW 2280