Dear Parents and Caregivers
IMPORTANT COVID UPDATES FROM 18 AUGUST 2020
Yesterday the AISNSW provided the latest updates from the NSW Department of Education to support efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Below are the ways in which these updates will affect BCC.
The following principles underpin these guidelines:
- Schools continue to be safe and operations are in line with AHPPC and NSW Health guidelines.
- All students should be learning on-campus unless they are unwell or have a medical certificate to support their absence.
- Existing infection control protocols at schools, and new health and safety measures put in place will help maintain the health and safety of students and staff.
- All activities permitted at school are safe and appropriate in living within the COVID-19 environment.
- Schools continue to monitor and plan for any changes in local circumstances that may arise, including changes in health advice or local restrictions.
New COVID-19 testing requirements
In particular, I’d like to draw your attention to the fact that our staff are vigilant in recognising when our students are exhibiting flu like symptoms during teaching and learning activities and where identified, students are sent to the sick bay where they can be isolated. The ladies in the College Office will arrange for a parent or caregiver to collect the student and take them home.
If a student has been absent due to flu like illness, or develops flu like symptoms while at school, they are not to return to school until they have a negative COVID-19 test and are symptom free. The negative COVID-19 test result, must be sighted and received by the College before their return to school.
Our teaching and support staff follow the same guidelines with regards to their own health.
I would appreciate your continued cooperation to keep our College students and families safe and to play our part in diligently doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.