Frequently Asked Questions
Is the wearing of a uniform compulsory at Belmont Christian College?
- Yes, all students are required to wear a uniform when attending Belmont Christian College
Where do I source a College uniform and accessories?
- Belmont Christian College has established a uniform partnership with Alinta Apparel. On-site uniform fittings and accessory purchases can be made during term time on Tuesdays (1:00pm – 3:30pm) or Thursdays (8:00am – 11:00am). Phone (02) 4321 0433 or email email@example.com for further information.
Note: A range of second-hand uniform options are available through a Facebook group called “BCC buy and swap second hand school uniforms”.
I would like to see a summary of all the College uniform items. Where do I go?
- Please refer to the College uniform summary here.
What are the most recent updates to the College uniform?
Secondary boys in Years 7 to 12 wear grey shorts in summer and grey trousers in winter.
Secondary girls in Years 7 to 12 wear the grey skirt all year round.
Senior Secondary students in Years 11 and 12 wear a white shirt or blouse. The current blue shirt or blouse may only be worn as an alternative for those in Year 12 in 2020. Students commencing Year 11 in 2020 will wear a white shirt or blouse.
Socks: All boys K-12 will wear grey BCC striped socks, and girls K-12 will wear new white BCC striped socks.
All old crest logo items will be phased out fully by the start of 2020 with the exception stated above for Year 12 shirts in 2020 and College bags.
Uniform with the three letters “BCC” can be worn on shirts, hats, wet weather jackets, sport shorts and pants.
What is the College shoe policy?
Primary School Boys
Black, polishable leather lace-up or velcro school shoes.
Primary School Girls
Black, polishable leather lace-up, velcro or buckle school shoes.
Black, enclosed leather lace-up school shoes with substantial soles and a distinct heel. The leather must cover the whole upper foot, (a ‘flow-through’ tongue’ is preferable), and not have a platform sole or extend over the ankle. This style meets safety requirements for practical subjects.
Which style/type of shoe is NOT permitted?
- Ballet types, buckle or strap styles (except in Primary School as above), slip-ons, high heels, open weave, open toe or open heel styles, jogger or skater styles, shoes with excessive laces or perforations, casual or canvas shoes. These styles do not meet health and safety standards.
Do sport shoes need to be black?
- No, sport shoes do not need to be black. The College requests that the shoe colour matches the colour of the laces.
Can my child wear a uniform with the old logo (i.e. Crest with open book OR the letters BCC)?
- The old logo (Crest with open book) is no longer permitted, except on the College backpack. Uniform with the three letters ‘BCC’ can be worn on shirts, hats, wet weather jackets, sport shorts and pants.
What should I do with any ‘old logo’ uniforms?
- Please bring any old logo uniforms to the College front office and they will be donated to charities.
Does my child need to wear a hat when outside?
- In our Primary School, there is a ‘No hat, no play’ policy in place. In Secondary School, students are required to wear a hat when in sports uniform.